Saturday, January 28, 2012

Getting to know my life off - line

I've been working on linking my website to Facebook with my hosting company.  Customers will soon be able to purchase items from my site on Facebook, it will be SSL secured it will just be a portal to my site.  I explained as we were talking how everything they're seeing on my site is just little old me doing it and how many pets I have.  I don't really freely announce how many I have on line I don't want anyone to come and take me away to a "funny farm" but I think I'm close to 89 pets most of them chickens, but 14 parrots, 2 dogs, a bunny, 4 goats and a shetland pony.  He told me I needed to blog to my customers about what goes on behind the scenes and I decided it was a good idea.  I tried blogging once before but couldn't quite get my brain around it so I'm using my same blog I had started which has information about rescue groups on it and I will continue to update that as well.


Today is Saturday, the 28th of January and last weekend I didn't get any of my normal chores done because my dad suggested we move all of the parrots into one location downstairs where my office was with 2 parrots.  So last Saturday my dad, mom and I went to work and I'm now upstairs where the parrots used to be and everyone is downstairs on tile.  We're trying to simplify the huge task of cleaning cages by having them off carpet and closer to outside doors.  As soon as I'm through typing this I will be heading downstairs (I'll have my phone near me for customer calls) to begin the huge task of cleaning cages.  There's 12 in all and they're all big cages.  We've actually purchased a pressure washer but it's been too cold to use it as it will ice up the pavement outside.  I'm anxiously awaiting warmer weather.

As I clean cages I sing to the birds, I dance I've always told anyone if you looked in the window of my house when I'm cleaning you'd think I'd lost my mind.  The parrots love it and get involved playing games with me and learning new words.  There's many words they all know like "I love you", "I feel good", "What are you doing" so sometimes we're just all saying those things in unison.  My mom dances now too it's been one of the best gifts to her to live with this group they really bring smiles to all of our faces. 

Tomorrow when it's warmer (keep your fingers crossed) I'll be cleaning chicken coops.  I never stop if I'm not caring for animals I'm working on the site or packing and shipping but I couldn't be happier and I feel so lucky that customers continue to be excited to visit and are so willing to head me in the right direction.

Have a fantastic weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment